52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 2 -- Favorite Photo

John Henry Jones, Jr. and Julia Alexander Brevard

An absolutely impossible task. So I chose this portait of my great-grandparents John Henry Jones, Jr. and Julia Alexander Brevard because of the following story.

A friend was visiting and staying in the guest room in my house where the photo is displayed. She asked me where I had the "old-timey" photo made of me and my husband. I'd never noticed the family resemblance between myself and my great-grandmother until my friend thought the photo was an image we'd had made at a tourist attraction.

For the record, my great-grandfather and my husband look nothing alike. Sigh of relief.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2020, Week 27 -- Solo

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 27 -- Independence

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 15 -- Taxes