52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 8 -- Heirloom

I put this week's prompt off until the very last day, because I just couldn't think of anything to write about. (Every other week I've immediately had an idea or many ideas, but this week -- nada.) Then suddenly it was nine weeks later (!) and I still hadn't finished this prompt...

Granny's wedding ring

If they were diamonds, they were teeny tiny, but that didn't matter to me. I thought that ring was beautiful. My parents had promised that I could have the ring when I turned 18, but guess what? Our house was robbed when I was 16 and the ring was stolen along with some other valuables. All the other things that were stolen were replaceable, but that ring wasn't. I remember it looking something like this...


That theft was almost 40 years ago, and it still makes me sad to think that some stranger is wearing Granny's wedding ring or, worse, that it was discarded because it wasn't beautiful to someone else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2020, Week 27 -- Solo

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 27 -- Independence

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 15 -- Taxes