52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2020, Week 2 -- Favorite Photo



Simply not possible, so here's one of many favorites. Taken in Van Nuys, California ca. 1953, pictured (left to right) are my Aunt LaVerne, her son and my first cousin Robert, and my Uncle Bill who was visiting his sister while deployed to the Korean War.*

LaVerne had been living in California for years, far away from most of the family back in Texas, so presumably this was the first time that Bill had met his nephew Robert. I don't know if Bill was traveling to or from Korea when this photo was taken.

I assume the photographer was Harold, LaVerne's husband and Robert's father.

(*Since two of the three people in this photo are still living, I am not including complete names.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2020, Week 27 -- Solo

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 27 -- Independence

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 15 -- Taxes